Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Unknown

I watched the movie, Wild, last night. My heart was left inspired and my heart burned to respond. I, like Cheryl Strayed, had traveled alone as a woman into the unknown. During my time, I was forced to look myself, hopes, and dreams in the face. I was forced to take a challenging look and then to respond.

But the real honesty is this: I'm still looking. I'm still responding. I'm still learning to dance in this world. But this, I have learned. I have seen it with my own eyes:

Life is fragile and unpredictable. It carries us along a road and a path of the unknown. And our faith is representative of this too. It is is winding discovery and a place of stability. 
-Hellen Willett

Home, that place where my heart resides--is the place where my heart resides. And home resides in my heart. And so, just as Cheryl Strayed, hiked to discover more of herself, I believe we have seasons in our lives where we need to do the same. 

Currently, I find solace and comfort in writing out my thoughts to keep me moving forward. Whether they are about faith, friends, relationships, home, cooking, or wine--my heart refuses to stop. This life is meant to be recorded and shared.

The story of human intimacy is one of constantly allowing ourselves to see those we love most deeply in a new, more fractured light. Look hard. Risk that.
-Cheryl Strayed

No comments:

Post a Comment